Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Changed a bit

"Hello Murray" she said and then looked again with better concentration than me despite the 40 mile walk she had just completed and said: "You don't remember me do you?".

It was true - I had failed to remember someone I used to see every primary school day for three years. Jill Bennett (nee Cashin) had just finished her second End to End Walk.

But she did look a bit different on Sunday to teenage party at our house in Kirk Michael more than 40 years ago!



Jill is in the right of each photo. There were a record number of children in our class at school - 12 I think. Her late father, Tom, was the head teacher and taught four age groups at once. There were just 2 teachers for 64 children when I arrived at Michael Primary School.

No comments: