Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 3 June 2012

Sunstroke to frostbite in 24 hours


I've exaggerated a fair bit to make a point of demonstrating how changeable our weather has been recently. After applying the sun cream in the heatwave last weekend I was caught out yesterday by the sunshine when I watched the Superbike TT from the front of Braddan Church. I didn't have the right lens (or any clear space) to take any decent photos as I made the decision to watch there after the Olympic flame event was slightly later than I expected (I had been going to return home and then move to the bottom of Bray Hill).

I crossed Bray Hill twice this morning whilst on a 12 mile run and didn't see a single bike and only a very few cars. The weather was absolutely horrible, with wind and rain at 7 am. The weather, the time and choice of route (via Baldwin) had something to do with it but even so it was surprising to avoid any bikes as I crossed at the TT Course at the bottom of Bray Hill on the way out and at the top on the way back.

I struggled to get my wet shoes and clothes off because I had no feeling my hands but by forehead didn't lack feeling when I applied a towel - the sunburn hurt!

The weather is about as varied as the fixture list in the next couple of months. I have just updated the links on my site after I picked up the announcement about a new sponsor for the Isle of Man Track and Field Championships. I'm pleased to say that there is a greater emphasis on the track on the site with a couple of interviews with Kevin Loundes and Harriet Pryke and three track and field events on the fixture list in the next 10 days.

If only track and field was on my Olympic agenda. After months of indecision I have finally decided to go to London for the final weekend of the Olympics but without any tickets for the stadium.

No comments: