Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Its been a while


Just in case anyone doesn't know, the reason I have not been blogging here is because of the time I have committed to the www.parishwalk.com site in the past couple of weeks - and I have been writing another blog there since last Friday. http://manxtelecomparishwalk.blogspot.com/

Some other events have passed me by. I've not watched any of the UK championships and I'm going to have to give a few of the local events a miss in the next couple of weeks.

I returned to the www.manxathletics.com last night and for part of tonight though to complete the tribute to Martin Caley following receipt of an envelope containing photos and hand written notes from Phil Cain.

Its still bugging me that I can't find certain photos of Martin in my own collection but at least here is one with him in the distance. He has his red jacket on and he has his camera in hand. I think it was taken around 1983 or 1984 before the first version of the clubhouse was put in place.

One of the groups of people watching is John Cannell, Tony Varley, Dave Ronan and Jim Anderson.

Nearest to the camera is Frank Williams while I am crouched whilst lapscoring. Gladys Callow is also in red while two of the people wearing hats are Dennis Lace and Johnny Quine, both now deceased.

Who else do you recognise?

No comments: