Search Murray's blogs

Monday 18 June 2012

5 years on

Since watching my first London Marathon in 1983 the event has meant so much to me. It has every range of competitor from Olympic champions to "Joe Jogger" not to mention the pantomime horses.

What is also had in the early years was a lot of younger athletes and running sub 2.30 was good but not special. People were coming from nowhere and with a couple of years running beating 3 hours.

Five years ago I told the story about a group of my friends who did exactly that.


And five years later one of them is no longer with us. 

I'm grateful to Robbie Lambie for writing the obituary to Martin Caley who passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning. 

Reading Robbie's tribute has left me without any further energy to continue working on the Parish Walk site which was my main focus tonight. 

I've spent ages during the past 30 hours or so trying to locate a photo of our winning team from the 1982 Millennium Way Relay - an event that Martin re-took the lead on the third leg. 

No comments: