Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 30 June 2012

So different to last week

I started a gruelling training session at the National Sports Centre at 6 am today and the roadway was completely dry. It could not have been more different to the same time last week when I went there for a few laps before the Parish Walk to find the road still flooded.

I've only missed a handful of the Ramsey Park Runs since they were first held in 2001 but last night was one of them. It was the only night that we could meet my brother and his family before they return home after a 9 night holiday in the Isle of Man. For Mike, that included taking thousands of photos at the Manx Telecom Parish Walk; for his son-in-law David, that included walking half of the course.

I've just managed to publish the results of Laa Columb Killey (thanks Adrian) before heading off to clean our holiday cottage - had to pay a cleaner last week so as not to miss the walk. I'll only be back briefly later this afternoon.

Despite reminding others to watch Keith Gerrard in the European Championships tonight, I shall be out tonight with a couple of visitors from work and my local colleagues. Right now they may be wearing some of my clothes as they arrived yesterday afternoon but their baggage didn't! So I had a hectic hour taking them around Douglas shops, our house for coats and shoes and leaving them at their hotel before going south again for our family dinner at the Hop Garden.


No comments: