Search Murray's blogs

Friday 1 June 2012

Never say never...but

Having finished the Northern 10 miles database tonight I don't think I will be rushing to do another. It has brought back too many memories.

All of my collections have been built up laboriously by typing in the oldest results from newspaper cuttings. Thank goodness that once they are done they are generally easy to add to as race organisers publish results electronically. Actually, one thing that is overlooked is that the quality of the data in the newspapers is better these days because of this - in the old days they were often setting up the results from hand written notes.

I've been trying to remember how many I have done:

Parish Walk

End to End Walk

Peel to Douglas Run

Peel to Douglas Walk

Syd Quirk Half Marathon

20 miles

Manx Harriers Open (Manx Airlines meetings etc)

TT 40

There may be others.

I've just discovered that I have the Park Run results from 2001 and 2003 (have sent them to Kevin Deakes) and that has already started bugging me. Can I find the other missing ones!


No comments: