Search Murray's blogs

Friday 29 June 2012

Blues all day

As was expected, the funeral service for Martin Caley was a sad occasion yesterday. And as so often happens, you learn things about people  when they pass away that you did not know when they were alive. Five degrees is quite staggering. And to get a first class maths degree on the Open University "for fun" says it all. Over a 1000 books on an incredibly diverse range of subjects.

On the previous blog post I asked if someone would like to add more names to the photo at the NSC which included Martin and Steve Taylor has responded:


Girl in red pants - Trisha Crellin
Girl in blue jacket - Tracey Crellin
Over John Cannell's right shoulder - Tommy Kelly
Over John Cannell's left shoulder in yellow jacket - Andy Garrett
Next to Jim Anderson - Melanie McDermott
Next to Denis Lace - Steve Taylor and next to him Robbie Lambie

So it took Jools Holland's rhythm & blues orchestra to take the blues away and what a night. Two hours of wholesome sound.

It was just a shame that I missed Laa Columb Killey yet again but thanks to Tom Cringle for sending me Sarah's photos. I published one last night and another just now.

I've extended my coverage of the Manx Telecom Parish Walk on the other channel because I have so much to do yet. Its going to be a struggle though as we have social engagements nearly every day until a week on Sunday. 

The European Championships seem to be hidden away this year, the BBC only has coverage on the red button, but I must watch some this weekend, particularly to see Manxman Keith Gerrard in the 10,000 metres. Probably too late to watch the Olympic Trials now but I read last night in Athletics Weekly that the air was blue when Dwaine Chambers was interviewed.

No comments: