Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 14 June 2012

No rest for the wicked

Head teacher Andy Fox did a great job of organising the Steve Jacobs Memorial Mile last night and former organiser, Chris Quine, backed him up and had distributed the results to the media by 6 minutes past 8.

After the presentation I had to go for another run to honour my promise to exercise Marie's dog. So we ran up Somerset Road and past St Ninians so that the dog could use up all his energy going flat out down the hill towing me. As we started the decline we met Rebecca Wallace, who an hour or so earlier had almost caught me (starting behind) in the mile. She was on her mountain bike at the steepest part of Bray Hill and she said "No Rest for the Wicked". It could have applied to either of us.

It could have applied to me this morning as I hit the road for my earliest ever training session soon after 4.30 am. And what a beautiful morning, perfectly light, dry and little wind.

I was on the "red eye" flight to Gatwick and I'm glad I don't have to travel much as I was shattered today. I can't face the 51 emails that arrived during a 14 hour absence from these shores. I was inspecting the London Marathon course as I had a meeting close to London Bridge and I hadn't realised how close the marathon course went.

I hate Gatwick Airport and only go there through necessity. By the time you have spent 20 minutes queueing for security and passed through the shopping centre that passes for an airport terminal you also forget that the purpose of the terminal is to allow you to travel on a plane.

So for tonight's website contribution it seems appropriate to promote the Laxey Partners No Rest for the Wicked series.

I'll be having a break for the wicked fixture list though and will snap a few photos at St Johns rather than racing again.

No comments: