Search Murray's blogs

Friday 2 March 2012

Radio and nostalgia

When you drive a car that's 14 years old and the radio breaks its not worth spending too much on a replacement. But even the second model up from the bottom came with a USB socket so I'm going to have a lot more in car entertainment - and I won't have to listen to all the rattles any more.

I wonder how long before we have internet radio in the car? Its internet radio that got a smile back on my face tonight. We have invested in the wonderful Pure Sounds radios for our holiday properties as well as our house and tonight I have been cleaning the apartment, a thorough spring clean, and it was Radio Caroline that revived me after I was flagging earlier in the day.

Older people will remember the old Radio Caroline when it broadcast off Ramsey Bay in the sixties. Forgot about the nostalgia, this version is much better. 24 hours a day with no adverts, I don't know how they do it.

http://www.radiocarolinegold.eu/

But of course, you only listen to this sort of station of you are nostalgic.

There is plenty to look back on tomorrow with the visit of Paul Nihill, the 1964 Olympic 50km walking silver medalist. It was Paul who made the NSC roadway what it is today.

I'll be filming a good part of the day. I've also got some photos from Stan Hall from the Ramsey Fireman's runs.

No comments: