Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 11 March 2012

4 x 4

Thanks to Alan Franklin for the link to the cross country video. It was still frustrating not to be able to be able to find the results again this morning although I have seen from the forum (thanks Chris) that the results are now on the Powerof10 site - they weren't when I looked there last night.

My priority today was to myself to complete 20 miles around the NSC to make up for my retirement last week. Bit of a risk really but I got through it thanks to some encouragement from Mike Garrett.




Having achieved my personal goal of the day I wanted to rectify something else - I've not managed many walks with Marie in recent months so had a nice walk around Ramsey with her puppy this afternoon.

I've just been updating the Parish Walk blog etc but not had enough time for much more on the site for two reasons. Firstly, after so little sleep last week, I keep falling asleep. But not when watching the 4 x 400 metres  in the world indoor championships.

I have probably claimed that other events were also my favourites, but some of the most exciting athletics I can recall on TV were the 4 x 400 metres relay. I remember Todd Bennett and Phil Browne always performing so much better than they did in the individual 400. We then started a golden era for relay running and performances in the last few years have been very tame my comparison.

So watching some great British performances, and the only 4 x 4 that I like, was my other excuse for not doing more on the site today.

No comments: