Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Olympic theme continued

I've been trying to meet with Maurice Herriott, the 1964 Olympic silver medallist, for the past couple of years. I am sure that his experiences, for those he has not  already shared them with, will provide great motivation.

I have been in touch with Maurice several times and I followed it up again yesterday. I am looking forward to lunch with him next Tuesday followed by an interview with the man who coached so many of our middle and long distance athletes in the 80s.

My main insight into the Olympics has come from the walker Chris Maddocks who represented GB in five games, a feat he shares with Tessa Sanderson and which Paula Radcliffe hopes to equal this year.

It is not known by many that Chris gave serious consideration to visiting the Isle of Man recently for the Ascot Hotel sponsorsed Manx Harriers open walks. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it but sent me some photos of his secret training for his 6th Olympic attempt.

Here is one of them:

http://isleofman.in/p292189178/h23f97d42#h23f97d42

No comments: