Search Murray's blogs

Friday 16 December 2011

Slippery character

I was caught out this morning. I had been up since 5.30 but not realised that the ground was covered in snow until I popped out for an easy run at 7. I wasn't going to take any risks as I have already had one fall this week - at the bottom of the Douglas Head Road last Sunday morning.

The snow may have slowed me to a crawl but it didn't stop the hardy - the woman who pushes her dog in a pram every morning was still there.

I was in the company of our elected ones last night. Going with Marie to the Speaker's Christmas Dinner is my only taste of turkey this year so it was good to  be out. Although the number of elected members who attended would hardly have constituted a quorum in the House, it did include a former Commonwealth Games hurdler and  a multi Parish Walk finisher. And a newly elected member who remembers his father's cows getting in our garden at Kirk Michael.

Thankfully I don't have to go to work today as I have a day off. The scanner is going to be busy again and I started the day by putting a cutting from the 2007 Island Games on the front page.

Now I'm going to flag the Island Cross Country Championships. Not literally but by putting a photo of the course on the front page.

I'm going to avoid sprouts today as the hotel where we ate last night seemed to only have one vegetable and I've had enough for a week.  

No comments: