Search Murray's blogs

Monday 5 December 2011

Peter's injury has helped the website

Its a shame that Peter Bradley has been injured in recent weeks but he has been able to plug a gap that I created now that I have returned to cross country.

I've struggled for a few years at cross country and last year I kept missing races until I considered myself fit enough. This winter I kept my training going from the summer and have lowered my expectations by going for a long run of more than 21 miles the day before the race. But with a recovery run on Sunday morning and a steadier start than most of the runners I have been really pleased with the results and can't believe that I was going to call it a day. I will probably change my mind again when I have a bad run.

It might be hard running up the hill at Glen Lough six times but at least I didn't have much to do on the website when I got home. Probably just as well as I got really cold waiting for Robbie to finish and couldn't even talk properly (what's new?) when I got home.

We shouldn't under estimate the quality of the results. Spread across so many races it is remarkable that that the team that involves Lewis Veale, David Griffiths and Cheryl Pryke processing the results initially produced by the organising club manage to have them online so quickly.

And Peter had his photos online last night and there will be a video later.

 I quite like this one of Peter's with Andy Watson concentrating hard and Juan Kinley about to take one of the river crossings. I'm following Richard Jamieson who has just been caught at full stretch in the mud.

No comments: