Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 31 May 2011

The pits




Yesterday evening at 7 pm I was watching and taking photos of the TT on Bray Hill. At 7 am this morning I was able to run through the pits. Its incredible how accessible the TT course is and how quickly the Isle of Man changes.

You would not have thought that the island was host to thousands of bikers if you took to the countryside as we did again yesterday on the Bank Holiday. We walked on yet another bit of Manx soil, or sand to be more precise, that had previously escaped my footsteps. From beach in Ramsey we went nothwards  and then around the backroads to Regaby and back to Ramsey for a bite to eat at the Grove (and another cuppa in the Mooragh Park).

Looking up towards the mountains, and comparing the gradients on most motor sports courses, it is amazing how much climbing the racers have to do. And I got my 2004 HP 945 camera working for the first time for ages yesterday when I realised that the rechargeable batteries were finished and tried another set. I make good use of the zoom features in my photos from which I have selected a few below (double click to see full size). 





No comments: