Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 29 May 2011

Job done

The only good thing I can think about having bad weather on a Sunday is that you don't feel guilty about not going out.

I've spent most of the afternoon and evening working on my computer and cameras whilst following the two of the biggest motor sports events of the year, the Monaco Grand Prix and the Indy 500. Did anyone see the finish of the latter? Once again a 500 hundred mile race was decided in dramatic style just yards from the finish.

I'm really fed up with my new photo website. I thought that my photos were reasonable well organised until I started uploading them all to a single site back in January. I have over 56,000 online now. I have more than 90,000 images on my hard drive (plus back up drive and cloud backup!) but I won't be publishing some of them. I'm deleting most of those that belong to other people and I'm not including my family collections (although they appear in a few of the scenic photos).

I was more successful with getting my cameras organised and clearing out surplus cables. I've deleted all of the images on the SD Cards and reformatted those that have hard disk as my focus is on having everything ready for the Parish Walk.


The draw in my desk where I keep me cameras now looks like the above photo although of course it doesn't include the one I used to take the photo - a nice little Samsung compact that I got for Christmas and take in my pocket whenever we go for walks. And I had a last minute change of mind about getting rid of our 1996 Sharp Viewcam which cost nearly as much as the rest put together. That has gone up in the attic despite my promises to get rid of things from there not add to them.

So my contribution to the website arose from my photo clearout. I've just published  some old photos from the Bradda Fell Race.

No comments: