Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 15 May 2011

Looking forward to 2 hours time

I've been writing the "other blog" all day. http://parishwalk2011.blogspot.com/

It never ceases to amaze me how late so many people leave it to enter the Scottish Widows Parish Walk. For five and half months it has been possible to spend a couple of minutes and get the entry out of the way. Instead a quarter of the entries have come in the final three days.

I wasn't able to attend the Race the Sun event (again) yesterday although I was "on the go" for almost as long as the race.

After an enjoyable longish run I working inside and out at our holiday cottage until 4 pm (with the odd peep at the TV). We've not got a big garden there but it is the best time of the year for it.


Then it was furniture moving time. We are delighted that Robbie moves into a permanent home tomorrow at the new Carnane Autistic Centre on the Old Castletown Road after many years of uncertainty.

He will learn to look after himself but with a lot of professional help. Uncertainty and autism are two words that should never be used in the same sentence. Throwing things out and autism did fit together very well either and during the past week I have moved many car loads of his possessions and he inspected his bedroom, the attic and the garden today to ensure that I had done my job properly. Yesterday I had help to move his bed and a couple of other large items.



Robbie inspecting new pad today with his athletic trophies on display in the window.


There have been another 9 entries for the Parish Walk whilst I have been writing this 1740 now.





2 comments:

David Griffiths said...

Very best wishes to Robbie in his new accommodation!

Murray Lambden said...

Thanks David I shall pass on your comments (which I had missed at the time0.