Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 25 May 2011

It had to rain tonight didn't it?

Travis played their first concert since 2009 tonight and it was here in the humble Isle of Man. You could certainly tell that they hadn't played for a while.

I have been planning today for several weeks. How was I going to run today if I was going to be picked up from my hotel in Germany at 4 am (British time) today, get some work done when I returned to the Island and not fall asleep at the Travis concert.

I managed 25 minutes of running at 3.15 am so it's now 20 hours ago. I reorganised the website before I got back to work today but I have failed to do anything with my emails other than filter out all the sales stuff and news updates. I've had some really useful feedback about the Parish Walk database and I don't intend to be rude by ignoring them. I will catch up eventually.

Today (and the last few days away) will take its toll though and I have lots of family stuff to catch up with. My running is going to go backwards too after weighing in at a stone heavier than when I got back from the 10 miles last Sunday. I am full of pig!

Just in case you thought my earlier comment about Travis meant I didn't enjoy it you couldn't be further from the truth. The break from playing left them with an incredible enthusiasm. 90 minutes of variety. Boy they can rock as well as harmonise.

By the time they got to "Why does it always rain on me" it had stopped raining. But in any event, this was a concert where we didn't have to worry whether the venue was booked. It was music without the bullsh*t.

Thankfully it was a concert without ash cloud too. I had no delays whatsoever flying from Munich to Manchester (Singapore Airlines) and Flybe. There will be delays with my emails and websites though. Please divert to another channel.

No comments: