Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 13 February 2011

A square Pegg


I didn't think I would find anything in common with one of the best bass players around, Dave Pegg,  when he  posed for a photo with the new Fairport Convention CD. The former Jethro Tull, Fairport, Dylan Project and session bass player was unable to get the shrink wrapping off the CD to sign it as was I. My excuse was that my fingers are still recovering from frost bite. I guess his excuse is playing bass guitar for about 50 years.

An adventorous set tonight playing the whole of an album recorded 40 years ago in the first set and then only three previously recorded songs in the second. But its a bit like a top football team. They can leave out some of their best players and still be better than the average teams.

No comments: