Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 20 February 2011

My PB in wellies

Fell running can be the most enjoyable branch of the sport to cover for the website. And the worst.

I told people that if I got drenched doing my long road run this morning I probably wouldn't go to the fell race, particularly if the conditions were not good. I did get soaked and I knew it would be tough on the hills but I still went.

I parked on the west side of the Millennium Way as I thought it was too dangerous to park on the roadside so it took me a while even to get onto the Millennium Way. I had under estimated how long it would take me to get to the turn off and missed the first few runners.

I then headed back towards the car but decided to see if I could find the course again and was lucky to pick up Tom and Simon. I had no idea that I was anywhere near the top of Ben-y-Phot until I got there! My camera was not keen on working in those conditions so again I missed a few.

I think I had walked and jogged about 5 miles in my wellies by the time i got back to the car.

No comments: