Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Marathon year

I've spent the evening preparing a feature with the above title and I am delighted to confirm that my good friend Paul Curphey will be on the start line of the Virgin London Marathon for the 18th year in a row.

The Isle of Man Veteran Athletes Club came to his rescue when for the first time he was left without an entry.

The day after he originally called me to tell me that he would have to miss it. I received a phone call from Ian Callister who has 20 finishes to his name asking me where we were staying. There has been a lot of banter between Ian and Paul in recent years as they both want to achieve a record number of finishers. Ian will be there too for the 21st time.




Ian and Paul outside the Strand Palace Hotel in 2007


Top photo by Margaid Gosschalk; bottom photo by a passing tourist.

No comments: