Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Those half finished jobs scare me

I've still got dozens of incomplete projects that I hope to eventually include on the http://www.manxathletics.com/ website.

I have some emails that go back months (or perhaps even years) where I have agreed to do something but never quite had the opportunity.

I stopped work on the database of results from the Northern 10 miles in 2004 and still haven't got back to complete it. I kept copies of some of the results (those that are now part of the Northern AC website) but I still need to research the years that I did not have a personal record of.

On Monday night I worked through the evening until late on a smaller project that has been on my mind for a while. I can at least say that that one will be finished off at the weekend (check out on Saturday morning).

I got back to that one late last night but only after spending an enjoyable three hours or so with Tim Baker. Tim was a top young race walker in the mid 80s (he tried unsuccessfully to make the 1986 Commonwealth Games team) and I stayed with him and his family near Glossop in 2002 when I went to watch the Commonwealth Games in Manchester. Tim has been working on the Isle of Man for the past month (but only staying on the Island for three nights a week) and plans to relocate here with his family in April next year. I forgot to take a photo - another unfinished job.

Actually its the jobs that I have not even started that scare me most. In less than three weeks I am due to launch the 2010 http://www.parishwalk.com/ website. Not started that one.

No comments: