Search Murray's blogs

Monday 23 November 2009

How long between the red carpet and the red light

One of the reasons I failed to get the website updated on Saturday was because we decided at the last minute to get tickets for the "premier" of Me & Orson Wells at the Gaiety. It was really exciting to see the youngsters screaming outside and we almost had the bar to ourselves upstairs as everyone waited with their cameras for the arrival of Zac Efron and the other stars.

It was fascinating to see the film from the theatre where most of it was made and, as with all Manx made films there were whispers of "That's in Finch Road" etc. Amazing how well they overlaid the backgrounds that had been made in the Pinewood Studios.

A good number of the audience appeared to be very proud extras. I can only imagine the work that went into the film. I'm glad that I don't have the pressure that they have the film industry where so few films are successful from those that are made. I'm afraid if it hadn't been for the local interest I wouldn't be watching and I doubt if I will be watching it on general release. I hope that others are more positive than me and there is a bigger gap between the red carpet and the red light than I predict.

No comments: