Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 8 November 2009

Bragging rights for Robbie Callister?

I was flicking through the Sunday Times a little while ago and was amazed to find an article in the Culture Section headed "Got those Isle of Man blues".

Its all about Davy Knowles of Back Door Slam and how they have been taking blues music from the Isle of Man to its homeland in the USA. It reviews their progress (400gigs in the states) and the launch of their new album tomorrow Coming Up for Air.

I missed their local gig recently but have previously seen the original line up three times. I saw them at the Gaiety on a previous occasion and at the Peel Bay Festival.

The first time I saw them was at a private party hosted by David and Barbara Doyle. Imagine the bragging rights Robbie Callister will have if Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam make it as big as some people are predicting. "Oh, they played at my 50th birthday party and I didn't even have to pay them" he will be able to say with complete honesty!





PS - he also used their microphone to give a speech!

No comments: