Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 18 November 2009

At the end of the day it has to be fun

As I tried to leave my half read pile of newspapers and half full bottle of wine at around 9 pm last night I tried to find the motivation to update the website.

One thing I try to do with the website is to produce a feature when you are not expecting it. I particularly like to publicise events a long time in the future because I believe it is far more effective than last minute plugs and reminders when you assume that everyone already knows about the event.

I ended up delving into my photo library and creating the feature on fell running. I spent far more time than I ever imagined I would but at the end of the day it has to be fun.

Its hard to link that with me getting up again at 5.30 setting off half an hour later to go and run 12 miles in the dark, the rain and the flooded roads of Baldwin. It was my first successful midweek run of this distance since before the London Marathon. This morning was certainly not much fun. But at the end of a lot more days like that it would be fun if I can see less the minute hand on my watch on less than 45 minutes when I finish in London next time around.

No comments: