Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 12 March 2009

Whisky drinkers


This is what I put on the front page:


"I was almost willing to risk another tenner on this old photo but the risk is just too great with Robbie Lambie about! Can you name the five competitors in a race walking event, the year and the event? Note the whisky that was awarded as prizes. And yes Simon, it was always sunny in the old photos!"

The event was the Willaston Fayre 5 mile walk - there was also a run, initially held over a rural course around from Willaston School but latterly held over the same round the houses 8 lap course as the walk.

The walkers were (left to right) Mike Karran, Allan Callow, Elaine Worth, Kevin Worth and Murray Lambden.

I was going to tell a few stories about these events but I've failed to arouse the same level of interest as with the old black and white photos so I am not going to bother!

No comments: