Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Plenty of cameras; not enough photos





I set up an article about the Salclear Isle of Man Marathon last night although I've only just published it.

I was rather pleased with the photo that I used. I took it on Easter Saturday last year when I took four cameras with me to the Manx Mountain Marathon and climbed part of North Barrule. I had a problem with one of the video cameras (which I have since replaced) and missed a fantastic opportunity to get film of most of the runners climbing the mountain with Ramsey in the background. Only a little came out.

I'd not, at that time, developed the technique of using two cameras at a time, one in each hand but I got a few decent stills on my Nikon SLR. You can check these out here http://easterfestival.fotopic.net/c1478996.html




But I also took my HP 945 camera with me. It is the second of my three digital cameras and was purchased in 2004 mainly for its zoom facility. I have used it to good effect in events like the Ramsey Cross Country and the Peel to Douglas Walk for long distance shots and I took a few looking down from North Barrule on Easter Saturday which I had not previously used. I like to keep a few in reserve. I have another for the Park Race series.

There were loads of cameras around the National Sports Centre on Saturday too. I've not yet got my hands on a single shot and its probably getting a bit late to use many now in any event. I tried John Watterson at Isle of Man Newspapers but their man, Mike Proudfoot, had moved on by the start of the Half Marathon.


Does anyone have a good shot of the runners? I'm not sure if a video is going to materialise either.




No comments: