Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 18 March 2009

All about communication

One of the great things about websites is that they are such an effective way of communicating with people. But it takes time to communicate with people and the more time you spend you communicating with people via websites, the less you have time to communicate with others.

Sometimes it is my immediate family who suffer.

Certainly my wider family find it hard to get hold of me and often it takes me a while to get back to phone messages. Sometimes my brothers and sister and their family give up trying to get hold of me! When I take the time though, it is me who is the most thorough in trying to ensure that one member of the family knows what another is doing.

So last night I set aside most of the evening to send a long email to all the family catching up with events over the past few weeks. So this time it was the people expecting communication via the website that had to wait.

I did clear the website decks at 6 am this morning and thought it was time to start promoting one of the series that is held through the summer. Rob Parslow had responded positively to my suggestion that it would be useful to have information on the Western AC website well in advance of the summer and so you can find out all about the Dave Phillips Road Races on their site. You can get a feeling for the event by watching the videos.

Communication is also the theme for most of the autism charities as that is what people on the autistic spectrum find so difficult. I had promised to go to something with Marie tonight where they were raising funds for two of the Manx autistic charities but I couldn't remember what (more communication problems!). It turned out to be a concert at Trinity Church organised by the Wednesday at 8 club with the Manx Concert Brass. I hadn't realised that this was one of the outlets for track runner Andrew Duncan. I had a good chat with him afterwards. What a good evening it was.

So I continue to have too many ideas for the time I have to turn them into communication. So if you are one of the people that I have said I'll do something for but not yet done it, I'm afraid that this is the only communication you'll get it until its done!

Hopefully tomorrow night will give me time to get a couple more jobs off the list.

No comments: