Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Turn your back on email at your peril

I was out last night at a dinner at which I attended as Marie's husband rather than in my own right. I was out of the house for about four hours and by the time I got back I had dozens of emails and several phone messages to add to my collection. I've only really attended to the commercial variety today. So if you have emailed me recently, I am not ignoring you but I have a backlog.

As one well known fell runner will know, I recently replied to an email that was over a year old. Some take research to respond to but I always do my best.

I was working on a future website feature after work tonight - I met the featured athlete at the NSC. But that too will have to wait as my mother-in-law deserved some attention for a while. Its not often you reach 85 years of age so well done Mollie. Of course, spending time with Robbie is always a good excuse to watch a certain football team.

David has kindly supplied me a DVD with footage of the inter counties but I will not get a chance to look at that until Thursday evening at the earliest.

I have work committments tomorrow, albeit they involve a nice meal.

So a quiet day on the website saw me post the cross country results at around midnight. Reformat them and add a picture at around 6.30 this morning, fend off a call from the BBC about Keith Gerrard, prepare for a forthcoming feature and read up about YouTube's latest withdrawl of music rights from their site.

I've been in touch with Marie Jackson and Adrian Cowin re the 20 miles and I'll add something more about that tomorrow. Adrian is going to be covering it in full.

No comments: