Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 21 August 2012

You don't have to watch the videos....


I always felt that Chris Maddocks and Ian McCombie, who both visited and raced on the Isle of Man in the 80s and into the 90s, were underestimated athletes. They still hold the British records at 50km and 20km walks respectively and are photographed with me at our old house in Albany Street.

Chris's autobiography, which I ordered some time ago, arrived yesterday and I flicked through the photos and chapter titles on opening as soon as I got home.

I then started to read it as my bed time reading and after a series of acknowledgements and photo credits I reached this page (referring to his baby daughter):

"For Eleanor...Read this, and you won't be forced to watch any of my old racing videos!". I loved that.

The book costs just £7.99 from http://www.racewalkuk.com/Book/ - the videos will be priced at £79.99 as an incentive to buy the book!

No comments: