Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Home 24 hours


I've been back on the island for just over 24 hours but barely had time to sort out any of my photos and videos.

Because I spent longer there than anywhere else, and I had a better view than at anything else, I have more photos of the 50km walk than anything else. More like the one selected above can now be found at:

http://isleofman.in/olympic50km

I thought the idea of having big screens to watch events in parks was that you walked into the park and there was the screen. How naive of me.  To get into the Hyde Park venue you to to walk round past where the screen was, queue for nearly 30 minutes and then try and get somewhere close enough to see the 5000 metres which by this time was into the fifth or sixth lap. Oh well, the atmosphere was good when you got there and I posted a little clip this morning.





One of the things that amused me was listening to how everyone in the stadium was an expert on running 5000 metres when in recent years we would have to pay people to watch a 5,000 metres race.

No comments: