Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 25 August 2012

Was Vinny behind Manannan?

I set off on my Sunday run this morning uest before 7 am. In the pouring rain I saw four times Parish Walk winner Jock Waddington waiting at the bus top on Peel Road in shorts and backpack. I surmised that he must be catching the bus to start a long training session out of town.

Two stops further on, in Groves Road, I saw Parish Walk record holder Richard Gerrard also sheltering in the bus stop in similar attire. They had to be going to the same place.

After running via Kewaigue to the Marine Drive and back to the promenade I met two more Parish Walk stars limbering up. Michael George and Dave Walker were near the Sea Terminal where a group, which often includes the other two, often meet. But which sub group was Vinny Lynch in? Perhaps I missed him in behind Mannnnan's cloud which had arrived.

I am actually on the Manannan for the first time this afternoon. We set sail for Liverpool an hour ago. And yes I did mean my Sunday run. Because of time pressures of cleaning the holiday cottage before we left (thanks to Ben for helping) instead of doing my usual long Saturday run I dropped the mileage a little today. Just as well as I am stiff enough as it is.

No comments: