Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 16 August 2012

Meet and not greet



I planned to meet up with one of the previous week's Olympic marathon runners to watch the men's race on Sunday. But Jess Petersson and I could not find each other among the crowds at Blackfriars Bridge.

So I went further down the road to Waterloo Bridge in the hope of meeting son Ben. We were on opposite sides of the road and again we failed to meet up as he couldn't get across the road.

Communication was less than perfect. I think Jess assumed that I was able to read email on my phone and Ben wasn't receiving my texts.

In total contrast, my brother Mike travelled to London on Friday with his grandson Alex. He phoned we whilst I was in Trafalgar Square and when I told him where I was he realised that he was about 30 feet away from me.

And when I made plans to meet runner Nigel Armstrong in Soho (!), I stood up to get off the underground and realised that he was standing on the other side of the glass by the door - all of three feet away from me!

Photos above are of Mike and my sister Margaid (who lives in London) on the Embankment on Friday and of Nigel Armstrong about to indulge in his addiction in Soho!

No comments: