Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 15 July 2012

Protecting against the elements

The last time I suffered a blip in my training was 7 weeks ago - it was too hot for me! It seems a long time ago and we've all been drenched many times since.

Nevertheless, it was a summer problem that I was unprepared for on Friday night when I popped out to St Johns yet again to take some photos of the Dave Phillips handicap races. The midgies were unbearable in places - I am sure I am starting to scratch again just writing about them! There was a disappointing entry of just over 30 in the two senior events.

By contrast, this morning's new Pier to Pier event attracted very nearly twice that many people. I might have paid a quick visit to that only that my website interests have taken up so much of my spare time that I couldn't justify any more right now. Having planned a visit to the Celton Manx Track & Field Championships this afternoon I finally made that for a short time but I felt very little motivation to take photos given that the majority of competitors were in the junior classes and children cannot be named in photo captions because of the overkill of the child protection rules.

We should stay dry tonight as we are inside at the Gaiety. Hang on though, I've just remembered the leaking roof that I read about in the paper.

I've cleared several of the recent features from the front page but have all the links to recent events together with an appeal for marshals for the Salclear Marathon next week. An elementary requirement for such a big road event.

No comments: