Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 29 July 2012

Pastie party

Conventional wisdom has it that you should eat plenty of pasta before endurance events. I misinterpreted this and ended up eating too much pastie at the end of the No Rest for the Wicked Series. Thanks to Western AC for the fine post race buffet.

Indeed thanks to everyone who helped last week. Although there were different clubs organising the events, there were a lot of similar faces at all the events as people from one club helped their friends at another.

After being out every night last week I had didn't have the time to indulge in the whole of the cycle road race yesterday but I did keep any eye on the screen throughout the day whilst working. I'm told that the "big screen" at the Southern Agricultural Show was somewhat smaller than expected.

Naturally I was shouting for Cav and the British team but I did fear that he wouldn't win. He was built up as such a firm favourite but there were so many possible results.

I have the same fear about Mo Farah. Whilst watching him race at the London Grand Prix recently, Brendan Foster spent most of the race telling us all how good he was and sympathising with his mate Haille for not being selected.

There was a good reason for the latter's non- selection - Ethiopia has amazing depths. I hope that Mo doesn't have to be picked up from the depths of despair. Instead, I hope that its a case of Mo going pastie them on the final lap!
 

No comments: