Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 24 July 2012

No camera

I changed my mind several times yesterday. Should I do what I have done for the past couple of years and run the Peel Hill Race with the video camera as a way of ensuring that I allow my body some recovery time from the marathon. It acts as a handicap although I  managed 17th place last year as it also good for pace judgement. Most people start the Peel Hill Race far too fast.

I took the camera with me but my final change of mind was to leave it the car. Surely people would have had enough of my heavy breathing on the on board camera.  Surprisingly, one or two people expressed disappointment that I was not filming the race.

In the end the camera would not have recorded very much as Peel Hill was covered in mist. It was unwelcoming in every way as the strong wind in our faces on the ascent tried to stop us reaching the top.

I didn't think I ran too badly last night but its a bit disheartening to find that I only ran it about four seconds faster than last year when carrying the camera.

I believe some people are enjoying a heatwave. Well its not reached the Isle of Man yet. I have just been out around the prom and the scene is even less welcoming that Peel Hill last night. Wet and misty.

Its the 10km in Ramsey tonight as the third round of the No Rest for the Wicked Series. Ramsey people always claim to have the best weather in the Isle of Man. Let's hope so.

No comments: