Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 8 July 2012

And the next 48


I was able to juggle my day around yesterday so that I could cover the James Coulson Laxey Fell Race. I was due to clean at the cottage, which on a normal routine gets me finished at 4 pm, but the previous week's guests had left for the early ferry and, because I was able to do a long run the day before, I settled for a short one and an early shift at the cottage. I left the cottage at about 1.15 and it was about five hours later before I had completed the website coverage so I was glad that we had pulled out of a social engagement last night.

And weren't the fell runners lucky with the weather? Imagine if the race had been held the day before or the day after. I would certainly not had the backdrop of Laxey as I have in the photo above of Julie Cretney.

I was similarly lucky with my "Marine Drive" run this morning. Had I ignored the alarm clock, as I felt inclined,   I  would have been soaked instead of getting home before 8.30 and before the next instalment of rain. The next instalment of eating followed as we enjoyed some fine hospitality at the Glen Helen Hotel at lunchtime, and a good part of the afternoon, for the occasion of my sister-in-law Gill's 50th birthday on Tuesday.

There was still plenty of the Wimbledon final left to watch when we got home. I know little about tennis but that was about as good as sport gets with every emotion in evidence. But best of all there was sportsmanship from both winner and looser. Most of the motor sport on TV had to be played from the Sky+ box at ultra fast speeds to allow for the tennis indulgence.


My email challenge this evening has centred on some of the many that I received during the Parish Walk time. I think I need to make it clearer that I am not involved in the organisation of the event, only the website, as people contact me on so many different things. I don't mean to be unhelpful but if I stopped to answer every email on the PW there would be no time for the website itself. 


I was only able to put so much time into the Parish Walk website and blog because other things were put on hold. Now the blog is on hold whilst I deal with the other things but its not finished yet.



No comments: