Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 15 April 2012

Sky's the limit




It really has been a fantastic day in the Isle of Man. And that is a completely objective view and has nothing to do with us having the capacity to cater for visitors to these shores in a beautifully updated holiday cottage for the next few weeks!

My Sunday started, as it has done for more than half of the Sunday mornings through the autumn, winter and spring with a run close to the aforesaid holiday property near Port Soderick and onwards around the Marine Drive. It was bit nippy then.

I planned to fast forward through the Formula 1 recording before taking my mother-in-law out for a drive and was struggling to do it in the time allowed because there was so much good racing. The views around the Isle of Man were staggering by now. Mollie has very poor eyesight but could see the clarity of the mountain views and Isle of Man countryside.

But it as a bit confusing to tell her as we drove into West Baldwin that was where we were when the sign said East Baldwin! And the reverse was true of the East Baldwin side which I know pretty well as my grandmother was born there. Looks like a pretty good April Fool and it was a wonder it didn't make the papers.

And the photos above were of our afternoon walk around Ballaglass Glen and through to Cornaa. The sky was the only limit to the scenery. More than 100 photos were added to the Lambden collection.

Talking of Sky, we have been customers of Sky TV for 19 years and with three subscriptions (two for those well established holiday properties that I am plugging) we have paid them a few thousand pounds over the years. But there is a limited to how many times I can reply to their incessant attempts to upgrade us  (x 3) within the 10 second maximum time that I allow and limit my speech to exclude two words with the second one being "off". I managed again today but Sky really are on the limit of my patience.

I am pretty excited to be heading for London on Friday but the website in the morning will be featuring another big running event on London. There is a limit to the number of entries which will be accepted for the event.

No comments: