Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 21 April 2012

Not a lot to report


We've met far fewer Manx runners on our way to the London Marathon this year. I travelled with Mike Garrett, Paul Curphey and Nigel Armstrong (who you can see just after demolishing breakfast a short time ago) and we met with Andy Watson and Elizabeth for dinner last night as they are staying at the same hotel as us, The Ramada, which is close to registration at Excel.

On the plane to Luton we met Helen Taylor and Kevin Quirk, who are both making the debuts.

Nigel has been out for a run this morning. His preparation has been affected by injury so he has not really eased down as much as normal he is just training he way through the marathon. Paul and Mike are off to Oxford Street whilst I am staying local. I love exploring wherever I go but I am only in London for one reason and its not sightseeing. That said I will have a wander and take some photos. Maybe I will go back to Excel and search out for some Manxies.

Only real negative is Paul, who should run sub three hours, starting in pen 3. He is going to be mighty frustrated in the first few miles but don't rule out him passing some of us as he benefits from that steady start.

No comments: