Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 22 April 2012

Excel at 4.30 am

Our hotel is advertised as being convenient for Excel but I didn't expect to sorting out problems in Excel at 4.30 in the morning.

As the self appointed Isle of Man London Marathon media reporter I was preparing my results spreadsheet last night. I discovered that I could not paste formulas only values.

As is custom, I've not slept well before the marathon and at 4.30 I decided to go to my laptop and address the issue. I discovered that it is caused by an upgrade to Skype called "click to call". I had to disable this from my browsers and, when this failed, uninstall.

I'm back in business. Just hope that the results format is the same as last year now so that I don't have to make too many changes after the race.

I'm sure most of the other Manx runners will have more conventional preparation. Mind you Emma Rogan arrived here yesterday evening after a full day's work as a vet.

Its now 5.30 and as I edit this post again Excel is coming into view from my my hotel window - that's the exhibition centre not my laptop thrown outside although it has been tempting. What's the formula for going back to sleep?

Meeting Mike and Paul for breakfast in half an hour.

No comments: