Search Murray's blogs

Monday 9 April 2012

Fewer photos this Easter




My cameras were used slightly less this Easter. With no Mountain Marathon this year, at least until September, and my completion of all three races in the Easter Festival for only the second time in my life, it reduced the opportunities. And then I left my camera in the car when we had lunch in Peel today with many of my extended family.

You might recognise the family name of my sister, who visits most Easters from London and is staying in Peel with her family, as the Gosschalks took over my camera whilst I ran yesterday morning, although I did take a few shots of the women's race first.

Younger son Ben also had my camera ready and waiting when I ran up Peel Hill for a second time on Saturday. Again it was photos of the women that filled my SD card. But as a family we didn't do badly after a tricky start. Ben's Friday night photos were a washout when he struggled with light (making Ian Astin's shots all the more remarkable) but Ben made up for it with some cracking photos from Peel Hill on Saturday.

As Ben and I teamed up in a relay team on Sunday morning I did suggest that Ian should join the team too but he laughed me off the prom! He leaves the family running to his three exceptionally good daughters.

But I did manage to get a few photos that were a bit different. In fact, Marie and I managed to get an hour or more together on Friday morning in some of the best weather of the weekend when we enjoyed visiting one of our favourite Island spots. And we didn't see a person.

No comments: