Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Just in time

I didn't get to the top of Greeba Mountain in time for Lloyd Taggart in the Greeba Fell Race and the same thing happened at Benn-y-Phott a few weeks later. This Sunday I just made it to Snaefell as he arrived. There was an element of luck though as I had started to jog to get ahead of Roger Moughtin and Steve Taggart who were some of the early starters and had opted to tackle check points 4 & 5 in reverse order. I tried to get ahead of them to get their photos at the summit and Lloyd  arrived from the opposite direction just ahead of them.

I'm fighting another battle against time with our holiday apartment. We've had a few days to spare during which time all the furniture was moved to the garage and new carpets have been laid. We are taking a critical approach about what goes back in and our network has been extended with a internet enabled TV and BluRay player. Out go a massive box of videos.

But I'm re-writing our tourist information pack which was seriously out of date. If you have met anyone asking where Safeway's is you will appreciate how bad it was. I've got another session back in the apartment tonight (as well as a social engagement) and tomorrow night to complete our spring clean.

Its was a big weight off my mind to complete the interview with Maurice Herriott the day before yesterday - just in time for the arrival of one of the two athletes that Maurice named as his favourites, Ron Hill, visits the Isle of Man for the Easter Festival.

No comments: