Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 19 December 2009

One long session replaced by another

My hands were so cold when I came into the house from my run yesterday morning that I felt like putting them in the fridge to warm them up.

Mind you, my strange thoughts may have had something to do with the activities of the previous evening. I had been to “back to back” functions in my capacity as Marie’s husband. I’d drunk more than my share of the red wine and I started my run only six hours after the final sip.

I’d taken yesterday off work to have a quiet day with Marie. Her birthday is a week before Christmas and all too many times it has fallen on days when I have been over-working, over-eating or over-drinking. The nice thing about having a quiet day and going out for lunch was that I was not at all inclined to spend much time on the website.

I had hoped to continue my long Saturday morning runs today but as soon as I stepped out of the door I knew that it was going to be impossible. After my first mile I decided to abandon it and stay in one piece.

As soon as I got back to the house I started writing our Christmas cards. I always forget how long they take.

As I planning to take photos and film at the winter walking league tomorrow but I think I am more likely to be taking photos of the snow around Douglas.

No comments: