Search Murray's blogs

Monday 30 January 2012

Another addiction returned


I added more than 200 photos to my collection at the weekend (from the Greeba Fell Race). Only 13 short of 99,000 now!

I thought that I would face tag them before they became part of the archives although there were quite a few people I didn't know and the results list didn't have the numbers on which made it harder. Some of the people were not even recognised as people at all due to the relatively dark conditions and I had to add them manually.

Once I had started that i decided to do the same with previous Greeba Fell Races and so it went on. I have 1,296 people identified in my photo collection.

After adding a lot more by going through the races, Picassa then makes further suggestions to add photos to existing names and the more you confirm the more it finds. Where did my Sunday afternoon go to?

The worst bit is that I have more than 143,000 people to identify on my photos - and that was more than when I started yesterday as the software trawls through over and over again looking to identify people.

Apart from my wife, Michael George is still number 1 for identification with 550 images.

No comments: