Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 3 April 2011

Too much time badly used


I had more time than usual this weekend as I have hardly been doing any running whilst trying to nurse my hamstring through to London in two weeks time. And there was no cleaning at the holiday cottage and no social events.

"I'm not going to waste the time" I told Marie. "I'm going to get up at my normal time and clear some of my paperwork and emails."

I did get up early as usual and I did clear some of those jobs. But nowhere near enough as those of you waiting for replies to emails will know. A couple of the incoming emails were nice ones. Bad news.

After being told that people had enjoyed the coverage of the fell race yesterday I then proceeded to produce a photo special this morning and the commentary required a bit of research. And spelling corrections. This meant that I was tampering with it much of the day and then tonight trying to organise all the video I took yesterday. The easiest thing would have been to have binned all but the four minutes I published but then my library would be smaller for compilations in the future.

We did at least have a great drive around some of my favourite country roads this afternoon with a cup of tea on Peel   breakwater, as the photo above proves (double click it and you will see loads of detail). Marie has been recovering from shingles which she has had on numerous occasions so we couldn't do much walking. But Robbie did the talking for us instead.

2 comments:

David Griffiths said...

The coverage of the Snaefell race was exceptional even by your standards Murray! Fantastic stuff, especially the photos from the summit showing different parts of the island in the background.

Murray Lambden said...

Thanks very much David.