Search Murray's blogs

Monday 18 April 2011

A marathon day

I've spent the last couple of hours that the media have sufficient information for tomorrow. I have also added two more runners to the list - they had not finished when I compiled the first list.

Simon Lowe contacted me to stay that he was sadly a non starter due to illness and so it is only Debbie Findlay that I have not accounted for.

I've accounted for around 20 hours now as that is the time that has passed since I got up this morning and I didn't even get a pre-race snooze.

I had already told friends that I was planning my 13th London Marathon next year and I also have a time for 2013.

I have been involved in every event since 1995 as a runner or spectator and I also watched in 1983 and 1984.

The logistics are usually wonderful but there was a problem with the baggage reclaim today because all of the good for age runners were arriving close together. We were  standing in the heat in an exhausted state for about 20 minutes and the inevitable happened. The guy behind me collapsed and knocked me into those in front.

The first aid posts were busy and among the visitors at the finish was a certain 18 times finisher from the Isle of Man.

No comments: