Search Murray's blogs

Friday 25 March 2011

Sun has been like a drug

Is it just me but does training and work seem more enjoyable when the weather is better?

Like most of the British Isles we've had a few stunning days and I'm particularly pleased for those brave enough to have holidays at this time of the year. I prepared our holiday cottage for such a couple last Friday night after our tenants from the past couple of months moved on. By getting the "Saturday job" done on Friday I was clear to do my long run early on Saturday morning but left totally shattered by the end of the weekend.

Things are a bit more measured this weekend as I start to cut down my mileage for the marathon in three weeks although I will again be at the cottage all day tomorrow.

I don't think I am going to be covering the Manx Harriers meeting on Sunday (the restrictions on photography when children are taking part are a disincentive) but I still have plenty of challenges for the website.

I finally installed an update for my web editing software last night which I bought a few weeks ago. I generally use Cyberlink Power Director and I want to see what I can get out of this and tidy up some of my files. I've got loads to do on before I launch the new photo website a week from now and I'm taking photos for the IOMAA website at the Cross Country Presentation next Thursday. I'm well behind with the Parish Walk website. I have people lined up for the next two features but I need to find time to interview them as with a special interview I've planned for the manxathletics website for a while.

And I want to see some of that sun. Wouldn't it be great if there were clear skys for the Snaefell Fell Race a week tomorrow.

No comments: