Search Murray's blogs

Friday 18 March 2011

Finish line chat

I have to admit to a sense of relief at the conclusion of the veterans handicap event last night. It was the fifth event in 15 days that I have attended - four as a photographer and one as an athlete. As usual, against my better judgement I took the video camera as well as the ordinary one and filmed the races from the finish line.

I wanted to get to bed on the right side of midnight so I didn't do much editing. So apologies for (unless you mute the sound) having to listen to, among other things, David Griffiths and I talking about his good work on the compilation of Manx road running records.

I don't think there were any set last night but the event was revived by the inclusion of veteran athletes from outside the host club and it was a great achievement by Mike Garrett to set a personal best for 10km when he is only a few weeks away from his 42nd birthday. Robbie Lambie put his years of experience to good use to win the walk.

1 comment:

David Griffiths said...

Subject to ratification etc, there actually was one record set - Moira Hall in the V60 category.