Search Murray's blogs

Friday 6 February 2009

Catching up - just a little

The sister site to this one, http://www.parishwalk.com/ has kicked off on 1 December for the past two years but I have tried to keep the front page stable and use a blog to add the news. The exception to this is the Current Featured Walker page where I aim to get a new feature produced each month.

I had hoped to get the update completed by last weekend but my target wasn't available until last night. It suited me well to delay it as I had so many things on the go but last night turned into a pressure point to try and complete the feature which I published at around 6.15 this morning. I've just re-read it and taken out a few typos.

I hope that you like the feature and that you learn something about Gordon that you didn't already know.

The main features on the site this week were on the Cross Country Championships.

I included a picture of Mike Garrett and commented on his growing reputation for accidents but I didn't know at the time that he had lost the sole of his shoe when running. On Wednesday night he collided with a cyclist when running on the prom. I'm training with him in the morning but hopefully I won't have too many stories to report.

Sometimes I like to go outside of athletics as an excuse to use some of my family photos and so I dug out the old snow photos. Despite my jest about not getting snow like we used to, I am sure that it has been pretty unpleasant for a lot of workers this week whilst many of us have stayed in warm offices. Thanks to everyone who had to brave the elements for more than training.

I'll add the links to the fireman's results when I pick up that they have been published and I'll try and supplement any coverage on http://www.manxharriers.com/ of the winter league walks but I'm afraid I won't have the chance to visit or make videos.

Hopefully I will have time to catch up with some of my emails over the weekend.

I'm less optimistic about solving the forum problem that some people are experiencing. I'm inclined to think that Norton software has taken a dislike to Bravenet sites.

No comments: