Search Murray's blogs

Friday 19 December 2008

No secret santas

Some people seem to have been celebrating Christmas since the Summer but I had not even tasted Turkey until yesterday. I was supposed to be on my best behaviour last night when I went with Marie to the Speaker of the House of Keys' Christmas dinner.

We are having our Christmas party at lunchtime but as there are only two of us in our office playing secret santa creates a few problems! We will, however, be joined by one of our illustrious non-executive directors for lunch and with two of the three wives (Marie is unavailable) and so we can get our numbers up to five at the Garrison.

I'm always looking for ways to keep the entries rolling in for the Parish Walk and this weekend will be half way through the year for Parish Walk fans. That is today's little feature on the website.

Thanks to Andy Fox for the list of start times for the MWR. Normally Paul Jackson covers the relay but he has been on holiday this week so I have stepped in until PJ has a chance to get the Manx Harriers website updated.

Great coverage of athletics in the Manx Independent this week. I particularly liked the way John Watterson featured the star performance of Keith Gerrard and linked it to the schools cross country and "Who will be the next Keith Gerrard?"

No comments: