Search Murray's blogs

Friday 12 December 2008

Back at last

I've not really got back into the routine of communicating with the website readership since before I worked on the parishwalk.com site.

I have tried to make that a fairly static website with any new input coming from the blog at parishwalkcom2009.blogspot.com/

Its already two weeks ago since I went to the presentation by Andy Fox and his team on the planned coaching scheme, which is but a small part of the Development Plan which is soon to be underway. Despite me not having had the time to do so, I really want to play a part in the publicity of this scheme. I have had a few ideas including a separate website for all the information that coaches and potential coaches would need.

The questionnaire and Power Point publication have now been published elsewhere and I particularly like the way that Tom Cringle has them on the www.manxfellrunners.org site.

I enjoyed covering the Peel to Douglas Walk last Sunday and the video had the most interest of any video for a while. I blow hot and cold with my video coverage as it is the most demanding part of the website coverage but I am proud that some people enjoy them and within the next month I am expecting the total downloads of my videos to exceed the 100,000 mark. the www.youtube.com/murraylambden site was launched just over 21 months ago.

Its a busy weekend for local athletics but I am hoping to cover both events at St Johns. In fact, I will definitely cover them but it remains to be seen of I will be there in person.

I'm looking forward to watching the European Cross Country Champs on Sunday - I haven't really watched much cross country on TV in recent years but Chris Quine's build up the event helps create the interest.

I might have a run at the weekend after missing this week after an aborted session on Monday morning. I'm really keen to run in Blackburn but with only four weeks remaining and no consistent training for more than three months, the prospects are not great,

No comments: